Customer Discovery LABS (CUSTOMER DISCOVERY II - FORMERLY KNOWN AS STARTUP GAUNTLET)
Most technology startups fail. Why? They start executing before they have a sound business model. What about you? Have you discovered a scalable and profitable business model yet?
Customer Discovery Labs are designed for both ATDC Community and Student Entrepreneurs. Customer Discovery Lab uses a combination of teaching methodologies from Customer Discovery (get out of the building), Lean Startup (iterative loop of experimentation), Startup Engineering (disprove your assumptions) and the Business Model Canvas to uncover your compelling business model.
After this 7-week program, you will have identified the core of your business model – your customer segment and value proposition. Or you may discover there isn’t one. And that’s OK too. It’s better to find out now than after spending years and a fortune only to find out you were wrong.
How does it work?
1. Seven-week intensive program. You should commit to attend every week.
2. Each week, make assumptions about what needs to be true about your business model to succeed.
3. Design tests to disprove each assumptions.
4. Collect data and interpret the results.
5. Update your business model canvas based on what you have learned.
6. Present your findings to the teaching team and get thoroughly thrashed.
You will be expected to talk to at least 10 potential customers each week.
You are only eligible to join Customer Discovery Lab on entry dates. Entry dates are typically the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, and you will only see registration links for entry dates below. Once you begin Customer Discovery Lab you are then expected to attend every subsequent Thursday until you graduate.